Saturday, May 31, 2008

Pattycake In The Shower

Back Florida - Key Lime Pie - A "massacre" of the tart lemon meringue


short time ago, I had the pleasure of discovering the United States ... "Food and Thought " (food and reflection)


We visited South Florida and these fabled islands called the Keys. " We went to Key West is the largest city in the south of the USA. Two days we enjoyed the sun, our little beach (image) and the turquoise sea.

Flipping through a tourist guide, I discovered that the local specialty was the Key Lime Pie, a sort of tart lemon meringue. Could not resist! An address was telling me the best Key Lime Pie from Key West. He does not need me more ...

Key Lime Pie Factory ... Live, making the Key Lime Pie, in passing: look at this huge whip!!


pie in question ...

The meringue is air, the lime custard perfectly smooth, slightly crispy dough .... It was absolutely necessary I do find this dessert to my family! Mother's Day gave me a good opportunity to try this delicacy.

The Key Lime Pie recipe is a very rich base of lime juice and sweetened condensed milk.

So I chose to perform in small ramekins choosing a paste made from gluten-free biscuits instead of pastry. For the recipe, I am inspired by Pascal weeks.

The result was well above my expectations, the dishes were devoured in minutes and yet I assure you that the meal was so!

I found the perfect combination of cream, pastry and meringue ... Exactly the same scent as Key West! Do and redo ...

Key Lime Pie (gluten-free version)

7 ramekins

For the dough "cookie"

170 g of butter biscuits gluten-free (Duetto Schär brand)

45 g unsalted butter

a well rounded tablespoon of brown sugar (gluten free cookies were not very sweet)

For the lemon cream Green

25 cl lime juice (small lime) I had to press 2 fillets of lemon or lime around 18-20!

2 cans sweetened condensed milk (397g each)

3 egg yolks Meringue

3 white

40 g icing sugar (gluten free)


Place cookies in a blender, mixer. Pour into a bowl, add the butter and sugar. Mix, then place the mixture into the ramekins and press lightly.

In another bowl, combine milk, egg yolks and the juice lime. Pour over batter.

Beat the egg whites until stiff gradually adding the sugar. When the whites are firm (to check, simply return the bowl, if whites take: they are firm). Pour over the lemon cream and bake the custards in a hot oven 15 minutes (180 ° T.6) around until the meringue is golden brown. Cool and refrigerate until serving time (1-2 hours).

0 comments:

Post a Comment